FARMHOUSE WREATH DECOR
If you haven’t noticed, I’m pretty obsessed with DIY. If it includes crafting of any sort, making my house feel more homey and saving money by doing it, I’M IN! JoAnn’s Fabric is my go to store when it comes to savings…Stepping into that store I feel as if I’m a kid that just arrived at the largest toy store in America…taking a “quick trip” is definitely not going to happen…ever. Let me start off by saying if you haven’t signed up to receive the JoAnn’s Fabric emails and text messages I suggest you do so if you are into anything DIY or the cutest home décor for any season/holiday! You can save SO much!
My most recent find was a medium sized grapevine wreath, 3 stems of greenery, old vintage clock and a metal vase. Luckily when I got up to the register I had just received a text message the day before for 60% off one regular priced item and an email of 20% off the total purchase! SCORE!
Going in to JoAnn’s Fabric I had in mind my floating shelf in my dining room that my boyfriend just built me. I had a sign that I made out of wood and white paint (that says “eat”) that I wanted to put on that shelf with the clock, the vase and the wreath. I will show the complete look at the end.
Here is what you’ll need for the wreath:
- 1 Medium size grapevine wreath
- 3-6 stems of greenery depending how much greenery is on them (I would hold it up to the grapevine wreath in the store to judge how much to get)
- Hot glue gun with several glue sticks
What you’ll do:
- Clip all stems down to just the greenery
- Put a glob of glue on the end of the greenery and stick into the grapevine hold there for a few seconds
- Keep overlapping the greenery until all of the grapevine is covered.
Pretty easy and very cheap to make! Buying a wreath like this at any store would be at least $25 and you can make it for $15 or less depending on your coupons.
If you try it, let me know what you think!